|Initial release||September 23, 2011(4.0.0)|
[ (January 2, 2012 ) ±]
|Type||Laboratory informatics software|
|License(s)||GNU General Public License v3.0|
PHYAURA EHR is open-source electronic health record (EHR) software developed and supported by PHYAURA LLC. The software comes in three versions: a free community version, and monthly fee-based standard and "meaningful use" editions.
On September 23, 2011, PHYAURA released the first version of its free open-source community edition of PHYAURA EHR as version 4.0.0, though only a release candidate. On October 25, the company announced it had released the source code to the community edition on GitHub but with the stipulation that it would not be publicly available for legal reasons. The first stable version of the software arrived on November 2 as version 4.0.1. Version 4.0.3 arrived on January 2, 2012, bringing with it the ability to conduct HIPAA Version 5010 transactions.
As of May 2013, the GitHub repository is still not available to the public. It's also not clear if any new community edition releases beyond 4.0.3 have been made. Sometime after August 2012 the company also removed the forums for its community edition, potentially signaling even further the company intends to distance itself from the free community edition of its software.
Features of PHYAURA EHR Community Edition include:
- practice scheduling
- electronic medical billing
- document management
- Superbill generation
- OpenEMR syncing
- claims management
- referral support
Installation requirements for PHYAURA EHR Community Edition are unknown.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
Multiple videos demonstrating PHYAURA EHR can be found on YouTube.
A demo of the "meaningful use" version of PHYAURA EHR can be found on the company site, though you must register for an account to access it.
Entities using PHYAURA EHR Community Edition
- "PHYAURA EHR Community Edition User Guide" (PDF). PHYAURA LLC. 2011. https://www.phyaura.com/download/PHYAURA_EHR_400-CU-User_Guide.pdf.
- "PHYAURA Releases Open Source Electronic Health Record (EHR) Download and Provides an Online Community for Healthcare Providers". Business Wire. 23 September 2011. http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110923005270/en/PHYAURA-Releases-Open-Source-Electronic-Health-Record. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- Lucena, Chris (23 September 2011). "PHYAURA EHR v4.0.0 RC1 Community Edition Released!". PHYAURA LLC. https://www.phyaura.com/community/community-forum/phyaura-announcements-group1/announcements-forum2/phyaura-ehr-v4-0-0-rc1-community-edition-released-thread16/. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- "Comparison Chart - PHYAURA". PHYAURA LLC. https://www.phyaura.com/comparison-chart/. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- Lucena, Chris (25 October 2011). "Source Code Repository Now Available via GitHUB". PHYAURA LLC. https://www.phyaura.com/community/community-forum/phyaura-announcements-group1/announcements-forum2/source-code-repository-now-available-via-github-thread25/. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- Lucena, Chris (02 November 2011). "PHYAURA EHR v4.0.1 (Stable) Released". PHYAURA LLC. https://www.phyaura.com/community/community-forum/phyaura-announcements-group1/announcements-forum2/phyaura-ehr-v4-0-1-stable-released-thread26/. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- Lucena, Chris (02 January 2012). "PHYAURA EHR v4.0.3 Released". PHYAURA LLC. https://www.phyaura.com/community/community-forum/phyaura-announcements-group1/announcements-forum2/phyaura-ehr-v4-0-3-released-thread33/. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- "PHYAURA". GitHub Inc. https://github.com/phyaura. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "PHYAURA - Community EHR". PHYAURA LLC. Archived from the original on 09 August 2012. http://web.archive.org/web/20120809090329/https://www.phyaura.com/community/. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "PHYAURA - Community EHR". PHYAURA LLC. https://www.phyaura.com/community/. Retrieved 27 October 2012.