|Original author(s)||Santosh Patnaik|
|Initial release||May 13, 2006|
[ (August 22, 2012 ) ±]
|Type||Laboratory informatics software|
|License(s)||GNU General Public License v3.0|
LabWiki is a free open-source textfile-based laboratory-friendly wiki system based on David Barrett's Qwiki Wiki v1.5.
LabWiki was created by Santosh Patnaik in May 2006 as a fork of David Barrett's Qwiki Wiki v1.5. Development seemed to have ceased until a 1.0.1 release was made on April 14, 2010. Development has since continued on it alongside other open-source laboratory informatics products like LabStoRe and OrderSys through the PHP Project, hosted through the Bioinformatics Organization, a group dedicated to hosting collaboration projects in the field of bioinformatics.
|1.2.1||22 August 2012|
|1.2.0||16 April 2012|
|1.1.0||12 May 2011|
|1.0.1||14 April 2010|
|1.0.0||13 May 2006|
Features of LabWiki include:
- XHTML 1.0 strict compliance
- UTF-8 encoding
- data stored in plain text files
- automatic backups
- inline image support
- optional IP address-based restriction on editing
- page protection
- lockfiles prevent simultaneous editing
- style changes via CSS style sheets
LabWiki installations require:
- a web server to host the files
- PHP 4.3 or greater
Installation instructions can be found in the readme.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
Entities using LabWiki
- Patnaik, Santosh (13 May 2006). "readme.txt" (ZIP). Bioinformatics Organization. http://www.bioinformatics.org/phplabware/downloads/LabWiki101.zip. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- "What Is Wiki? - PHP Labware". Bioinformatics Organization. 19 April 2012. http://www.bioinformatics.org/phplabware/labwiki/index.php?page=What_is_Wiki. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- "Index of /phplabware/downloads". Bioinformatics Organization. http://www.bioinformatics.org/phplabware/downloads/. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- Patnaik, Santosh (22 August 2012). "/LabWiki/readme.txt". Bioinformatics Organization. http://www.bioinformatics.org/phplabware/sourceer/sourceer.php?&Sfs=readme.txt&Sl=.%2FLabWiki. Retrieved 28 October 2012.